Re: MultiVim

  • ThoML
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008

      > Wel, this works for a lot of of commands, but not for.. let's say the search
      > window. In MultiEdit there is a window that pops up with several checkboxes
      > as searchoptions. Now I want to show instructions that shows how to build
      > the roght searchcommand. I will only cover the normal Multiedit options and
      > point for more options to the real help file. This message could be shown
      > with echo, but when pressing enter the help dissapears.

      I found the idea quite interesting so I ... well, I shamelessly copied
      it. Maybe it's of some help for you:

      This solution to the problem you describe uses the normal help tags by
      default. You can use your own tag files though by setting
      g:cmdlinehelpTags. It should thus be quite easy to display specific
      help files.

    • Marcel Boon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
        > I found the idea quite interesting so I ... well, I shamelessly copied
        > it. Maybe it's of some help for you:
        >
        > This solution to the problem you describe uses the normal help tags by
        > default. You can use your own tag files though by setting
        > g:cmdlinehelpTags. It should thus be quite easy to display specific
        > help files.

        This surely is nice. It was more or less what I had in mind woth the
        exception that it would be great that if the help is shown it's not in
        a new window but shown as layover, like the dropdown omnicomplete. So
        it's drawn over the current screen.
        But I don't think that is possible.

        Your solution is very nice and I will surely use it. Thanks.

        Marcel