VimOperError - marking closing parenthesis as errors

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      Can anyone confirm this is not related to my configuration.

      Create a file dave.vim and put in the following
      "*********
      vnoremap <silent> * :<C-U>
      \gvy/<C-R><C-R>=substitute(substitute(
      \escape(@", 'blah' ), "", "", ""),
      \"\n", 'blah', "g")<cr><cr>
      "*********

      Two of the closing parenthesis for the substitute calls are marked as errors:
      Group ID: 219 Name: vimOperError

      This has been true since at least Vim 7.0, but I am testing now with 7.2a.0

      Thanks,
      Dave

    • Charles E Campbell Jr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
        David Fishburn wrote:
        > Can anyone confirm this is not related to my configuration.
        >
        > Create a file dave.vim and put in the following
        > "*********
        > vnoremap <silent> * :<C-U>
        > \gvy/<C-R><C-R>=substitute(substitute(
        > \escape(@", 'blah' ), "", "", ""),
        > \"\n", 'blah', "g")<cr><cr>
        > "*********
        >
        > Two of the closing parenthesis for the substitute calls are marked as errors:
        > Group ID: 219 Name: vimOperError
        >
        > This has been true since at least Vim 7.0, but I am testing now with 7.2a.0

        syntax/vim.vim doesn't deal well with continuation lines. Try putting
        the following line in your <.vimc>:

        let g:vimsyn_noerror = 1

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

      • David Fishburn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
          On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Charles E Campbell Jr
          <drchip@...> wrote:

          > David Fishburn wrote:
          >> Can anyone confirm this is not related to my configuration.
          >>
          >> Create a file dave.vim and put in the following
          >> "*********
          >> vnoremap <silent> * :<C-U>
          >> \gvy/<C-R><C-R>=substitute(substitute(
          >> \escape(@", 'blah' ), "", "", ""),
          >> \"\n", 'blah', "g")<cr><cr>
          >>
          >> Two of the closing parenthesis for the substitute calls are marked as errors:
          >> Group ID: 219 Name: vimOperError
          >>
          >> This has been true since at least Vim 7.0, but I am testing now with 7.2a.0
          >>
          > syntax/vim.vim doesn't deal well with continuation lines. Try putting
          > the following line in your <.vimc>:
          >
          > let g:vimsyn_noerror = 1

          Thanks, that got rid of it.

          Dave