Re: Templates with Vim?

    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2008
      On 29/05/08 20:47, 703designs wrote:
      > OK, is there a way that I could:
      >
      > 1. Open an existing file
      > 2. Write that to a new file (I know 1& 2)
      > 3. Have the buffer automatically switch to the new file?
      >
      > It bugs me that saving to a different filename doesn't automatically
      > change the working file. Is there a configuration option to change
      > this behavior?

      :help :saveas

      THE STORY OF CREATION
      or
      THE MYTH OF URK

      In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and null,
      and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of IBM
      was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there be
      registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they carried;
      and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called the data
      Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was evening
      and there was morning, one interrupt ...
      -- Rico Tudor