Re: Another example of incorrect rendering of composing chars

  • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29, 2008
      Saluton Tony :)

      On Thu, 29 May 2008 05:38:26 +0200, Tony Mechelynck dixit:
      > On 28/05/08 18:11, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
      > > än<-- The diaeresis is over the "a", not over the "n".
      > >
      > > If I put the cursor over the "n", and use the "ga" command:
      > >
      > > <n> 110, Hex 6e, Octal 156<"> 776, Hex 0308, Octal 1410
      > >
      > > So Gvim is viewing the character correctly, an "n" with a combining
      > > diaeresis (U+0308), but is displaying the diaeresis on the previous
      > > character cell, not over the "n".
      >
      > In gvim (7.1.302 with GTK2/Gnome2 GUI) the combining diaeresis is
      > displayed above the n...

      I've seen your other message and I gave "Bitstream Vera" a try. I hadn't
      tested with BV because it is supposed to be mostly identical to
      "DejaVu"... except it is not. The problem doesn't happen with BV, so
      this is not a GVim problem definitely.

      Thanks for the information. I wouldn't have thought about testing BV (I
      assumed that most the metrics and glyphs were identical to DejaVu).

      We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...