Re: How to visually select pasted region

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2008
      On 04/05/08 03:12, Noah Spurrier wrote:
      > After doing a put I would like to visually select the text I just pasted.
      > This would be kind of like gv. I want to start visual mode, but select the
      > new text, not reselect the previous selection.

      Characterwise:
      `[v`]
      Linewise:
      '[V']
      Blockwise, I think it is
      `[<Ctrl-V>`]
      (where <Ctrl-V> means "hit the Ctrl-V key combo, or Ctrl-Q if you use
      Ctrl-V as the Paste key"), but I'm not sure.

      see
      :help '[

      The Ruffed Pandanga of Borneo and Rotherham spreads out his feathers in
      his courtship dance and imitates Winston Churchill and Tommy Cooper on
      one leg. The padanga is dying out because the female padanga doesn't
      take it too seriously.
      -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"