Java omni complete not auto complete as expected

  • hack
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2008
      I have a following code: Authenticator.java

      ------------------
      import javax.swing.*;
      public class Authenticator extends javax.swing.JFrame {
      JTextField username=new JTextField(15);
      JPasswordField password=new JPasswordField(15);
      JTextArea comments=new JTextArea(4,15);
      JButton ok=new JButton("OK");
      JButton cancel=new JButton("Cancel");

      }
      ---------------------
      In general, java omni completion works for me in most cases.
      However, in above code, Ex when I typed (without quote) "JText"
      then pressed Ctrl-X Ctrl-U, java omni did nothing for me.
      (In this case it should auto fill the rest: "Field" to become: "JTextField".
      Any help please. Does java omni completion can do above?

      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2008
        On 01/05/08 10:32, A.Politz wrote:
        [...]
        > I think you are talking about 2 different things.
        > 1. Let vim survive a X shutdown.
        > 2. Let vim die gracefully, when X shuts down.
        [...]

        Gvim will of course never survive an X server shutdown, but have you
        tried compiling with Gnome2? (i.e., --enable-gui=gtk2
        --enable-gnome-check). I have, and when closing down X from either the
        Gnome or the KDE winmanager (I use KDE) gvim saves its session
        transparently, and reloads it automagically at next X startup (see :help
        gnome-session).

        I know Bram has misgivings about the Gnome GUI but I've never
        experienced any Gnome2-specific problems in gvim.

        BRIDGEKEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
        ARTHUR: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
        BRIDGEKEEPER: Er ... I don't know that ... Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!
        BRIDGEKEEPER is cast into the gorge.
        PICTURES LTD

      • jorges
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2008
          On May 1, 9:29 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
          wrote:
          > On 01/05/08 10:32, A.Politz wrote:
          > [...]> I think you are talking about 2 different things.
          > > 1. Let vim survive a X shutdown.
          > > 2. Let vim die gracefully, when X shuts down.
          >
          > [...]
          >
          > Gvim will of course never survive an X server shutdown, but have you
          > tried compiling with Gnome2? (i.e., --enable-gui=gtk2
          > --enable-gnome-check). I have, and when closing down X from either the
          > Gnome or the KDE winmanager (I use KDE) gvim saves its session
          > transparently, and reloads it automagically at next X startup (see :help
          > gnome-session).
          >
          > I know Bram has misgivings about the Gnome GUI but I've never
          > experienced any Gnome2-specific problems in gvim.
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Tony.
          > --
          > BRIDGEKEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
          > ARTHUR:       What do you mean?  An African or European swallow?
          > BRIDGEKEEPER: Er ...  I don't know that ... Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!
          >     BRIDGEKEEPER is cast into the gorge.
          >                   "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
          > PICTURES LTD

          I actually use console vim inside an xterm terminal. That's why I
          thought my sessions should survive. The weird thing is that following
          advice from this thread I tried starting vim with -X option in an
          xterm inside screen and, for comparison, another vim session started
          normally. I logged out of my DE and re-attached the screen session in
          the linux console. Surprise, both sessions were alive. Now I don't
          understand anything, this happened not once, but many times in the
          past. So, who knows what was the real cause of my sessions dying...

          jorge
        • Sadarax
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2008
            I have been using Vim in Screen for years now. I never used the -X option, and here is what I found. For the screen session I started, If my x-session died, then my Vim would take about 2 minutes lag before it would start from within screen. Otherwise I have never had any problem with Vim inside of screen. If I started the screen session from outside of an X-session, then my vim was unaffected.

            wrote:
            > On 01/05/08 10:32, A.Politz wrote:
            > [...]> I think you are talking about 2 different things.
            > > 1. Let vim survive a X shutdown.
            > > 2. Let vim die gracefully, when X shuts down.
            >
            > [...]
            >
            > Gvim will of course never survive an X server shutdown, but have you
            > tried compiling with Gnome2? (i.e., --enable-gui=gtk2
            > --enable-gnome-check). I have, and when closing down X from either the
            > Gnome or the KDE winmanager (I use KDE) gvim saves its session
            > transparently, and reloads it automagically at next X startup (see :help
            > gnome-session).
            >
            > I know Bram has misgivings about the Gnome GUI but I've never
            > experienced any Gnome2-specific problems in gvim.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Tony.
            > --
            > BRIDGEKEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
            > ARTHUR:       What do you mean?  An African or European swallow?
            > BRIDGEKEEPER: Er ...  I don't know that ... Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!
            >     BRIDGEKEEPER is cast into the gorge.
            >                   "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
            > PICTURES LTD

            I actually use console vim inside an xterm terminal. That's why I
            thought my sessions should survive. The weird thing is that following
            advice from this thread I tried starting vim with -X option in an
            xterm inside screen and, for comparison, another vim session started
            normally. I logged out of my DE and re-attached the screen session in
            the linux console. Surprise, both sessions were alive. Now I don't
            understand anything, this happened not once, but many times in the
            past. So, who knows what was the real cause of my sessions dying...

            jorge

            --
            How sad it would be to live a life less wonderful, if only because one were afraid of a little hard work. If you shy away from challenges, you shy away from some of the greatest achievements in life.

          • Manu Hack
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2008
              On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:57 AM, jorges <jorgesmbox-ml@...> wrote:

              I just realized I hit "reply to author" instead of reply. Posting
              again...

              On May 1, 3:14 am, "Matt Wozniski" <m...@...> wrote:
              > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:35 PM, jorges wrote:
              >
              > >  Hi,
              > >  Sorry if the question seems obvious, but I noticed that my vim
              > >  sessions are terminated if for any reason X crashes, which defeats the
              > >  purpose of running them inside screen sessions. Is this normal,
              > >  expected behavior? Is there a way to have persistent vim sessions even
              > >  if X crashes?
              > >  Thanks
              >
              > Try updating to the latest vim.  There were some patches to this
              > behavior somewhere around 7.1.150 or 7.1.200 that allowed vim to
              > gracefully handle the X server dying.

              This is vim 7.1.266 so the patch should be included. I'll investigate
              on this.

              @Andy Kittner: Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it s a last resource, as
              I sometimes make use of vim - X clipboard features.

              @Manu Hack: I can indeed resume screen, no problem there, but all vim
              sessions inside are dead, that's my problem.

              For me, after re-attaching to a screen session, the vim would still be there but somehow many plugins would fail to work.