Re: Default starting width

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 12:12 PM
      Robbo wrote:
      > What is the way for setting the initial width/height for gvim?
      > Thank you

      :help 'columns'
      :help 'lines'

      See also
      :help :winpos

      "I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It was in
      the shape of a house. I also bought some batteries, but they weren't
      included."
      -- Steven Wright

    • Guy Rutenberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 12:49 PM

        I'm joining the question. Is there a way to set the width from the
        command line when starting gvim?

        Regards,
        Guy
      • Eric Roberts
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 1:12 PM
          You could simply run the commands mentioned above with the "+" or "-c" option at the end.
          eg. gvim "+set columns=85"  "+set lines=30"

          Cheers,

          - Erir