Re: Default starting width

  • sc
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
      On Tuesday 01 April 2008 14:00, Robbo wrote:
      > What is the way for setting the initial width/height for
      > gvim? Thank you

      there are lots of ways

      the simplest is to put

      set columns=85
      set lines=30

      in your ~/.gvimrc, or numbers more to your liking

      sc

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
        Robbo wrote:
        > What is the way for setting the initial width/height for gvim?
        > Thank you

        :help 'columns'
        :help 'lines'

        See also
        :help :winpos

        "I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It was in
        the shape of a house. I also bought some batteries, but they weren't
        included."
        -- Steven Wright

      • Guy Rutenberg
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
          Hi,

          I'm joining the question. Is there a way to set the width from the
          command line when starting gvim?

          Regards,
          Guy
        • Eric Roberts
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
            You could simply run the commands mentioned above with the "+" or "-c" option at the end.
            eg. gvim "+set columns=85"  "+set lines=30"

            Cheers,

            - Erir