Default starting width

  • Robbo
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
      What is the way for setting the initial width/height for gvim?
      Thank you
    • sc
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
        On Tuesday 01 April 2008 14:00, Robbo wrote:
        > What is the way for setting the initial width/height for
        > gvim? Thank you

        there are lots of ways

        the simplest is to put

        set columns=85
        set lines=30

        in your ~/.gvimrc, or numbers more to your liking

        sc

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
          Robbo wrote:
          > What is the way for setting the initial width/height for gvim?
          > Thank you

          :help 'columns'
          :help 'lines'

          See also
          :help :winpos

          "I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It was in
          the shape of a house. I also bought some batteries, but they weren't
          included."
          -- Steven Wright

        • Guy Rutenberg
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008

            I'm joining the question. Is there a way to set the width from the
            command line when starting gvim?

            Regards,
            Guy
          • Eric Roberts
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
              You could simply run the commands mentioned above with the "+" or "-c" option at the end.
              eg. gvim "+set columns=85"  "+set lines=30"

              Cheers,

              - Erir