Re: paragraph scrolling in Vim

  • Richard Hartmann
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
      On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tony Mechelynck
      <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      > If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
      > discriminate these, I guess.

      Well, I do have subtitles, of course. I will try and check, tonight :)

      Richard

    • Matthew Winn
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
        On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:17:08 +0200, "Richard Hartmann"
        <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
        > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
        >
        > > At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
        > > ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
        > > suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
        > > as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
        > > the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
        > > some English-speaking countries these days...
        >
        > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
        > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
        > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)

        According to the book of the film (titled "Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie
        Gräilen (Bøk)" on the spine) it's:

        ARTHUR
        Bloody peasant!

        DENNIS
        Oooooh! Did you hear that! What a give-away.

        --
        Matthew Winn