Re: paragraph scrolling in Vim

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
      Richard Hartmann wrote:
      > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
      > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      >

      >> At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
      >> ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
      >> suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
      >> as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
      >> the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
      >> some English-speaking countries these days...
      >
      > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
      > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
      > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)
      >

      > Richard

      If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
      discriminate these, I guess.

      "His super power is to turn into a scotch terrier."

    • Richard Hartmann
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
        On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tony Mechelynck
        <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

        > If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
        > discriminate these, I guess.

        Well, I do have subtitles, of course. I will try and check, tonight :)

        Richard

      • Matthew Winn
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
          On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:17:08 +0200, "Richard Hartmann"
          <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
          > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
          >
          > > At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
          > > ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
          > > suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
          > > as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
          > > the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
          > > some English-speaking countries these days...
          >
          > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
          > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
          > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)

          According to the book of the film (titled "Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie
          Gräilen (Bøk)" on the spine) it's:

          ARTHUR
          Bloody peasant!

          DENNIS
          Oooooh! Did you hear that! What a give-away.

          --
          Matthew Winn