Re: paragraph scrolling in Vim

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
      Richard Hartmann wrote:
      > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Tony Mechelynck
      > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      >
      >> DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that, eh?
      >
      > Unless I missed a joke within a joke, your quote file is slightly broken ;)
      >

      > Richard

      At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
      ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
      suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
      as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
      the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
      some English-speaking countries these days...

      "He was a modest, good-humored boy. It was Oxford that made him
      insufferable."

    • Richard Hartmann
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
        On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
        <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

        > At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
        > ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
        > suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
        > as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
        > the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
        > some English-speaking countries these days...

        The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
        If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
        of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)

        Richard

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
          Richard Hartmann wrote:
          > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
          > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
          >

          >> At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
          >> ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
          >> suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
          >> as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
          >> the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
          >> some English-speaking countries these days...
          >
          > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
          > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
          > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)
          >

          > Richard

          If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
          discriminate these, I guess.

          "His super power is to turn into a scotch terrier."

        • Richard Hartmann
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
            On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tony Mechelynck
            <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

            > If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
            > discriminate these, I guess.

            Well, I do have subtitles, of course. I will try and check, tonight :)

            Richard

          • Matthew Winn
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
              On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:17:08 +0200, "Richard Hartmann"
              <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:

              > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
              > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
              >
              > > At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
              > > ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
              > > suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
              > > as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
              > > the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
              > > some English-speaking countries these days...
              >
              > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
              > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
              > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)

              According to the book of the film (titled "Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie
              Gräilen (Bøk)" on the spine) it's:

              ARTHUR
              Bloody peasant!

              DENNIS
              Oooooh! Did you hear that! What a give-away.

              --
              Matthew Winn