Vim Tips wiki - Main Page

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 1 3:45 AM
      The April edition of the Vim Tips Main Page is now available:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

      MS-Windows people need to try the excellent featured tip (using
      ftype/assoc/SendTo with --remote-tab-silent). Users of other systems need to
      write a similar tip!

      Remember to click 'Random page' in the sidebar a few times.

      Perhaps you'll make a contribution to the Vim community by updating some
      information on the wiki.

      An easy way to try out the wiki is to make your own user page and put any
      Vim-related info you like on that page. Use the "Create an account" link to
      make a user name. It's useful but not essential to enter a real email
      address. Wikia has not sent me any mail in nearly a year (apart from stuff
      I've asked for), but the email does allow you to be notified when your user
      page or its talk page have been changed (if someone is trying to communicate
      with you).

      A user page can be very simple, perhaps just saying how long you've used Vim
      - see this for some ideas (the blue links are for user pages that exist):
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Listusers

      John

    • John Beckett
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 1 3:04 AM
        The April edition of the Vim Tips Main Page is now available:
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

        The "From Vim Help" section deserves some care this month.

        It's a wiki, so please fix any glitches you notice. If you're
        not sure about something, reply here or try my talk page on the
        wiki.

        John