Re: paragraph scrolling in Vim

  • Richard Hartmann
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
      On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Tony Mechelynck
      <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      > DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that, eh?

      Unless I missed a joke within a joke, your quote file is slightly broken ;)

      Richard

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
        Richard Hartmann wrote:
        > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Tony Mechelynck
        > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
        >
        >> DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that, eh?
        >
        > Unless I missed a joke within a joke, your quote file is slightly broken ;)
        >

        > Richard

        At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
        ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
        suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
        as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
        the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
        some English-speaking countries these days...

        "He was a modest, good-humored boy. It was Oxford that made him
        insufferable."

      • Richard Hartmann
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
          On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
          <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

          > At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
          > ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
          > suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
          > as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
          > the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
          > some English-speaking countries these days...

          The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
          If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
          of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)

          Richard

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
            Richard Hartmann wrote:
            > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
            > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
            >

            >> At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
            >> ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
            >> suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
            >> as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
            >> the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
            >> some English-speaking countries these days...
            >
            > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
            > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
            > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)
            >

            > Richard

            If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
            discriminate these, I guess.

            "His super power is to turn into a scotch terrier."

          • Richard Hartmann
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
              On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tony Mechelynck
              <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

              > If you have the sound but not the text, you'll be hard put to
              > discriminate these, I guess.

              Well, I do have subtitles, of course. I will try and check, tonight :)

              Richard

            • Matthew Winn
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:17:08 +0200, "Richard Hartmann"
                <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:

                > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Tony Mechelynck
                > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
                >
                > > At that point, it's Bram's (available from http://moolenaar.net/fun.html
                > > ) and (again at that point) it's part of a Monty Python serial. I
                > > suspect the character had an accent, which made him pronounce "giveaway"
                > > as if it were "give away" and "hear" as if it were "here" -- or else,
                > > the scriptwriter had no sense of spelling, as is all too frequent in
                > > some English-speaking countries these days...
                >
                > The two peasants do have an accent, but I think it was not in that 'direction'.
                > If people are interested enough, I can check tonight as I own the full DVD set
                > of MP movies as every ViMer should ;)

                According to the book of the film (titled "Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie
                Gräilen (Bøk)" on the spine) it's:

                ARTHUR
                Bloody peasant!

                DENNIS
                Oooooh! Did you hear that! What a give-away.

                --
                Matthew Winn