Re: How to highlight PHP tags?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2008
      Frijole wrote:
      > I am new to vim and I would like to use it for PHP scritpting, how do
      > you turn on PHP highlighting?

      To turn on all kinds of syntax highlighting, you must have filetype
      detection and syntax highlighting both on. To do that, make sure that
      your vimrc contains either

      runtime vimrc_example.vim

      which does that and enables quite a number of other settings too
      (therefore that line should be near the top of your vimrc, so whatever
      you set afterwards will take priority over it); or else, use

      filetype [plugin] [indent] on
      syntax on

      where the [] brackets are not to be typed: they bracket optional parts
      which enable additional behaviour. I recommend enabling
      filetype-plugins; as for filetype-indenting, that's more a question of
      taste.

      see
      :help :filetype
      :help :filetype-overview
      :help :syntax-on
      :help 06.1

      If a President doesn't do it to his wife, he'll do it to his country.