Re: ANN: New version (3.1) of the MRU plugin is available

  • sc
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2008
      On Tuesday 19 February 2008 00:27, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > On Feb 18, 2008 6:08 PM, tocer <tocer.deng@...> wrote:
      > > > Can you send me the contents of the
      > > > $HOME/.vim_mru_files file? It looks like there is some
      > > > special character in a filename in the MRU list that is
      > > > causing this issue.
      > >
      > > The error also occured in my vim. the filename in
      > > $HOME/.vim_mru_files inclued Chinese charset. Then I
      > > deleted the config file and the plugin work fine.
      >
      > As you have already found out, the format the of the MRU
      > file changed between the 2.5 and 3.0 versions. The new
      > version of the plugin has code to detect the previous
      > version of the file and discard the contents. There is a
      > bug in this logic which leads to this error. I will fix
      > this in the next version.
      >
      > If you delete the .vim_mru_files file generated by the
      > previous version, you will not see this problem.
      >
      > - Yegappan

      and, for extra credit, instead of deleting the old
      .vim_mru_files module, rename it to something the
      plugin won't find, install the new plugin, open two or
      three files, examine the new .vim_mru_files in vim,
      read in the saved list, and reformat it to fit the new
      format, the key piece of which will be a

      :s/|/\n/g

      this way you can retain all the things in your MRU

      sc