A solution required regarding omniperl.vim

  • panky
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hi,

      While searching for a plugin of vim for perl for auto completion I
      found one written by you.
      Its was a great help for me before it failed at a point .

      A context in which it not works

      Context :

      I have my framwork which has modules say a.pm,b.pm,c.pm,x.pm
      x.pm has some functions like createa(), createb(), createc() who
      create and returns objects of a,b,c

      Now consider a code snippet of perl

      use x;
      my $objx = new x();
      my $obja = $objx->createa();
      my query = $obja->

      Problem :
      The omniperl is not able to list me functions of $obja.

      A workaround I gussed may be like
      whenever a statement like
      my $obja = $objx->createa(); is type I search the like for if I find
      something like createa(),createb() or createc().

      I put the varibale $obja and the module a as key value pair in a
      variable.

      and when one typed a statement like $obja-> and uses <C-X><C-O> for
      omnicompletion I can call the omniperl.pl with module argument as "a".
      I think it will solve my problem.

      Since I have little knowledge about how omniperl.vim works . I was not
      able to find a place where to place it.

      Could you please help me in solving this problem.