Re: File encoding & line ending in Vi

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2008
      >> set encoding=utf8
      >> set ffs=unix,dos
      >

      > Ciao
      >
      > I think you meant "set fileencodings ..." rather than "set encoding ..."
      > ("set encoding" being is for the internal representation in vim which
      > should typically not be changed).

      Nope. I most certainly meant 'encoding', and the reasoning is explained in the
      followup posts by both myself and Tony. If 'encoding' is anything but utf-8, Vim
      may not be able to represent all it needs to internally. I didn't mention
      fileencodings in my first post as its default setting is fine for what the OP
      required.

      Ben.