Re: (La)TeX symbol preview

  • thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      > I was wondering if there is a way to have in gvim menus a kind of preview
      > of what a symbol looks like, when editing a latex file.

      I don't use the vim-latex Suite but maybe you could use :menutranlate
      for this. E.g.

      menutranlate Latex\.Symbols\.Pi Latex\.Symbols\.¶

      You'd still have to translate all menus though and source them at the
      right moment.

      Regards,
      Thomas.

    • Fabio S.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        >> I was wondering if there is a way to have in gvim menus a kind of preview
        >> of what a symbol looks like, when editing a latex file.
        >
        > I don't use the vim-latex Suite but maybe you could use :menutranlate
        > for this. E.g.
        >
        > menutranlate Latex\.Symbols\.Pi Latex\.Symbols\.¶
        >
        > You'd still have to translate all menus though and source them at the
        > right moment.

        Well, maybe this could be the right way to do it, but it seems too
        complicate to be done just for personal use: if it works, it would be
        worth to be included into vim-latex.

        On the other hand, I have been privately suggested to use LaTeX Symbols
        Selector, which can be found at
        http://clay.ll.pl/lss/

        Since it is quite easy to install, installing it can be a good hack to
        the problem, so I post this suggestion for further reference.

        Fabio