Re: Changing cursor color in (non-GUI) vim

  • Mika Fischer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      * Bernhard Walle <bernhard.walle@...> [2008-02-02 23:29]:
      > * Mika Fischer <mf+vim@...> [2008-02-02 23:16]:
      > > is it possible to change vim's cursor color when using the terminal
      > > version of vim?
      >
      > I think this is not possible. You have to change the cursor color in
      > the terminal application. Which terminal do you use? For example it's
      > simple to change the cursor color in xterm by setting a X
      > ressource (in the file ~/.Xdefaults or ~/.Xresources):
      >
      > XTerm*cursorColor: #FFFF42

      Ah, thanks for the hint. This almost works, in that it works for every
      cursor color except Black (I'm using a black on white terminal). When I
      set cursorColor to Black, it behaves just as before, always reversing
      foreground and background. A simple workaround is to use Gray1, which is
      almost black.

      > GNOME and KDE should have GUI settings.

      Actually I'm using gnome-terminal, but the cursor color is not
      configurable there. Maybe I'll switch to xterm. The one thing that keeps
      me using gnome-terminal is that I can right-click on links and open them
      in my browser, which I use extensively and would miss in xterm.

      I guess you just can't have everything...

      Thanks a lot for the info!

      Best regards,
      Mika