Re: "Hanging" cursor color in xterm

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
      A.Politz wrote:

      > I am writing some sort of plugin, which involves
      > placing some signs. After vim has drawn the signletter
      > ,the cursor stays in the color of the sign-HLGroup, until
      > it is moved or a redraw! is invoked. I'd like to avoid that,
      > but have no idea how, especially without triggering an
      > autocommand. Any ideas ?

      Sounds like a bug. Can you give a minimal example of how to reproduce
      this?

      --
      Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill
      and a laxative on the same night.

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2008
        A.Politz wrote:

        > >>I am writing some sort of plugin, which involves
        > >>placing some signs. After vim has drawn the signletter
        > >>,the cursor stays in the color of the sign-HLGroup, until
        > >>it is moved or a redraw! is invoked. I'd like to avoid that,
        > >>but have no idea how, especially without triggering an
        > >>autocommand. Any ideas ?
        > >>

        > >Sounds like a bug. Can you give a minimal example of how to reproduce
        > >this?
        > >

        > Mh, I am surprised. I guess the most minimal example would be
        >
        > :echo foo
        >
        > Without foo having a value assigned, it gives 2 Errors, after
        > which the cursor is red.
        > The general case is, that vim draws something somewhere in a
        > different color and the cursor stays this color.
        >
        > $ cat sign.vim
        > sign define foo text=fo texthl=Error
        > exec 'sign place 1 line=1 name=foo buffer='.bufnr('%')
        >
        > After sourcing this, the cursor is actually black and
        > masks any character it sits on. Another word would be hidden.
        > I am using a 256color xterm with black background, white
        > foreground and some custom colorscheme.

        That does not sound like a bug, but a problem in your termcap/terminfo.
        I can't reproduce the problem. I'm using an 88 color xterm. Perhaps
        you can try to see if it still happens in a "standard" xterm or that
        it's specific for the 256 color one.

        --
        "You're fired." (1980)
        "You're laid off." (1985)