Re: vertical ruler

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      > Is it possible to create a vertical ruler in Vim? Basically, I'd like
      > a dotted line at column 80, like in the NetBeans editor.

      Heh, for some reason when I read the first part, I thought you
      were asking for a vertical ruler to note how far down in your
      file you are...those are called line-numbers... :)

      Anyways...

      I don't believe there's a such an item per-se, but you can do
      something like

      :match Error /\%>79v/

      which will highlight anything that extends beyond column 79. I
      use this regularly to keep my line-lengths in check.

      -tim

    • Mick Charles Beaver
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Picture of NetBeans editor: