cygwin+cscope problems and hints

  • Reckoner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2008
      Well, I've been trying to get cscope working with cygwin and vim 7 on
      Windows XP.

      Cygwin has mlscope, which you can install in the usual way using the
      cygwin setup program.

      You will need to go here:

      http://www.mail-archive.com/vim@.../msg04856.html

      for some setup stuff for the vimrc. Unfortunately, this doesn't work
      immediately since you have to change the cscope variable to point to
      the executable from cygwin using

      let &cscopeprg = 'c:/cygwin/bin/mlcscope'

      (or wherever you put your cygwin distribution).

      Furthermore, you will need to add the '-P' flag to the third line of
      the following block as shown:

      if filereadable("cscope.out")
      " cscope -C (queries this with case insensitivity)
      exec 'cs add -P '.expand('%:p:h').'\cscope.out "" '
      " else add database pointed to by environment
      elseif $CSCOPE_DB != ""
      cs add $CSCOPE_DB
      endif

      After all that, things seem to work okay, but according to the vim-
      scope tutorial at

      http://cscope.sourceforge.net/cscope_vim_tutorial.html

      the ctrl-t should take me back to the place I was before I hopped to
      the symbol under the cursor. This isn't working and I don't know if it
      only works with C files. I have using it with python code. Also, the
      above-mentioned tutorial seems a little dated and the corresponding
      vim plug-in likewise seems a little out of date.

      Somebody set me straight here.