SysteStackError using ruby interface

  • Stefano Crocco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2008
      Hello to everyone.

      I'm trying to write a vim plugin using the ruby interface, but I'm getting
      some weird errors while executing ruby code. In particular, I keep getting
      SystemStackError, even for extremely simple ruby functions (including some
      from the standard library). Even worse, they seem to happen quite randomly,
      but always at the same points. What I mean is that calling a particular piece
      of code can result in the error or not but, if it does, then it always happens
      at the same place.

      In a couple of places, I got rid of the errors with slight changes in the code
      (for example, replacing a call to a method with a block to a form without the
      block, such as replacing File.open(){} with File.open()...f.close), but now I
      get an error for a method I can't change in a similar way and I don't know
      what to do.

      Usually, if I enter the ex mode command:

      :ruby require 'Pathname';
      Pathname.new('/home/stefano/Desktop/test_tools/').realpath

      (of course, in vim it's all on one line), I get the error. Doing it from ruby
      itself works perfectly.

      Does anybody know what's happening?

      Thanks in advance

      Stefano