Vim Tips wiki - Main Page

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 18, 2008
      I have developed a proposal to replace the Main Page on the Vim Tips wiki,
      and would welcome comments. If you like, you can edit the page yourself, or
      its talk page, or post suggestions here.

      The aim is to have the main page focus on tips, and make it easier for tip
      readers to find things.

      Proposed main page:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/User:JohnBeckett/Proposed_Main_Page

      Current main page:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

      BTW I imagine many people here visited the wiki soon after it was
      established in June 2007. Those people would have quickly noticed that many
      tips had broken formatting, that tip navigation often failed, and various
      other problems were evident. I have recently finished fixing all these
      issues, so you might want to visit the wiki again and find some tips to
      polish to help the community.

      John

    • John Beckett
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 1 3:04 AM
        The April edition of the Vim Tips Main Page is now available:
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

        The "From Vim Help" section deserves some care this month.

        It's a wiki, so please fix any glitches you notice. If you're
        not sure about something, reply here or try my talk page on the
        wiki.

        John