Re: How to turn off CPP comment continuation?

  • will.br@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
      So the following:
      :set fo-=ro

      stops return and o in normal mode?

      Are there any side effects to this?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
        will.br@... wrote:
        > So the following:
        > :set fo-=ro
        >
        > stops return and o in normal mode?
        >
        > Are there any side effects to this?

        Not "side" effects but other cases of "the same" effect. For instance it
        wouldn't be as easy to enter a multi-line C comment:

        /*
        * Text of the comment
        * More text
        * blah blah blah blah blah blah
        * and so on and so forth and so further
        */

        211. Your husband leaves you...taking the computer with him and you
        call him crying, and beg him to bring the computer back.