Screen shot of vim

  • Bhatia, Sundeep
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
      Screen shot of vim

      Hello

      We downloaded the GUI version of vim. But when we install it we get a simple application window and not the one with a gui that would have  the pull down menus, for example. I am pasting a screen shot of what we get. We want a one with a gui.

      Please advice. Thanks.

      Regards

      Sundeep Bhatia

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
        Bhatia, Sundeep wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > We downloaded the GUI version of vim. But when we install it we get a
        > simple application window and not the one with a gui that would have
        > the pull down menus, for example. I am pasting a screen shot of what we
        > get. We want a one with a gui.
        >
        > Please advice. Thanks.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Sundeep Bhatia

        - Looks like your screen shot got lost. Can you upload it somewhere and send a
        URL?

        - When you do "vim --version" from the shell (or from cmd.exe on Windows), or
        ":version" from within Vim, does it say (usually on the 3rd or 4th line) that
        it's a version with GUI?

        - Have you tried launching "gvim" or if your shell doesn't recognise that,
        "vim -g" ?

        - Where did you download Vim from? (For Windows, the most up-to-date version
        that I know of can be found at
        https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=39721 )

        "In short, N is Richardian if, and only if, N is not Richardian."

      • Bhatia, Sundeep
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
          Tony

          I am not able to attach the image with this file to show the non-gui vi
          that shows up when I install.

          I will try the version from the suggested below

          https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=
          39721 )

          Thanks
          Sundeep