A Problem with MRU.vim

  • Yongwei Wu
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2007
      Hi Vimmers,

      Before using mru.vim, when I open a file not in the native file
      ending, Vim will alert me on the status line, like:

      "test" [converted][unix] 1L, 12C

      After using mru.vim, this kind of information is completely gone.
      Anyone knows of a solution (apart from not using it :-))?

      Best regards,

      Yongwei

      --
      Wu Yongwei

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2007
        Yongwei Wu wrote:
        > Hi Vimmers,
        >
        > Before using mru.vim, when I open a file not in the native file
        > ending, Vim will alert me on the status line, like:
        >
        > "test" [converted][unix] 1L, 12C
        >
        > After using mru.vim, this kind of information is completely gone.
        > Anyone knows of a solution (apart from not using it :-))?
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Yongwei

        :verbose set statusline? ruler? rulerformat? shortmess? showcmd?
        :verbose set fileformats?

        Seduced, shaggy Samson snored.
        She scissored short. Sorely shorn,
        Soon shackled slave, Samson sighed,
        Silently scheming,
        Sightlessly seeking
        Some savage, spectacular suicide.
        -- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

      • Yongwei Wu
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2007
          On 30/12/2007, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

          > Yongwei Wu wrote:
          > > Hi Vimmers,
          > >
          > > Before using mru.vim, when I open a file not in the native file
          > > ending, Vim will alert me on the status line, like:
          > >
          > > "test" [converted][unix] 1L, 12C
          > >
          > > After using mru.vim, this kind of information is completely gone.
          > > Anyone knows of a solution (apart from not using it :-))?
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > >
          > > Yongwei
          > >

          > :verbose set statusline? ruler? rulerformat? shortmess? showcmd?
          > :verbose set fileformats?

          No, it was caused by "autocmd" and "echo", I believe. While Yegappan
          should be able to give an official answer, I would like to know
          whether anybody else has noticed this problem and got a solution :-).

          Best regards,

          Yongwei

          --
          Wu Yongwei

        • Yegappan Lakshmanan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008

            On Dec 29, 2007 11:05 PM, Yongwei Wu <wuyongwei@...> wrote:

            > Hi Vimmers,
            >
            > Before using mru.vim, when I open a file not in the native file
            > ending, Vim will alert me on the status line, like:
            >
            > "test" [converted][unix] 1L, 12C
            >
            > After using mru.vim, this kind of information is completely gone.
            > Anyone knows of a solution (apart from not using it :-))?

            The MRU plugin uses the ":redir" command to generate the MRU file.
            Before echoing the filenames to the MRU file, the status line is cleared
            by echoing an empty string. This may be clearing the above output.

            In the next version of the MRU plugin (which runs only in Vim 7.0),
            the writefile() function will be used instead of the ":redir" command.
            So you should not see this issue starting with the next version.

            - Yegappan