Applying for a job in China

  • Naeem
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 24, 2007
      Applying for a job in China

      Working in China is very common now. Either you are sent to China by your company or you apply for a job to be stationed in China. Applying for a job in China is very common today as China gradually becomes a economic powerhouse.

      http://2site.com/brhgxm

      An Overview on How to install Neon & LED Interior car lights

      So you've got your LED or Neon interior car lights , but you're now a bit confused as to where all the car interior neon lights and wires go?" Well fear not, we'll show all the "in's & out's" of this type of installation and the easiest way of doing it.

      http://2site.com/hyaqkz

      An Informative Forex Broker Review

      According to our forex broker review, Gain Capital and Oanda come out on top.

      http://2site.com/ptgfmx

    • Dasn
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 25, 2007
        On 25/12/07 01:40 -0600, Naeem wrote:

        >Applying for a job in China
        >

        >Working in China is very common now. Either you are sent to China by
        >your company or you apply for a job to be stationed in China. Applying
        >for a job in China is very common today as China gradually becomes a
        >economic powerhouse.
        >
        >http://2site.com/brhgxm
        >

        >An Overview on How to install Neon & LED Interior car lights
        >

        >So you've got your LED or Neon interior car lights , but you're now a
        >bit confused as to where all the car interior neon lights and wires go?"
        >Well fear not, we'll show all the "in's & out's" of this type of
        >installation and the easiest way of doing it.
        >
        >http://2site.com/hyaqkz
        >

        >An Informative Forex Broker Review
        >

        >According to our forex broker review, Gain Capital and Oanda come out on
        >top.
        >
        >http://2site.com/ptgfmx

        Spam? Report it or not.

        --
        Dasn

      • Gohan
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 25, 2007
          404 error...I am using Chinese ISP access the Internet...

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 25, 2007
            Gohan wrote:
            > 404 error...I am using Chinese ISP access the Internet...

            Please never quote spam!

            The correct thing to do on this mailing list is to report it. I don't know
            if anyone reads the reports, but I have reported several spams in the last
            three or so weeks and there seems to have been a decline in their frequency.

            Use your browser to visit (no need to logon):
            http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use

            Click the spam message to open it.
            Click 'More options'.
            Click 'Report this message'.
            I entered my correct email where requested - don't know if needed.
            I selected 'This post is spam' and entered 'Blatant spam'.
            Click 'Report Abuse'.

            If anyone has an improvement to the above, please post it. I imagine the
            more reports a message gets, the more likely that there will be a good
            response from Google.

            John

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 26, 2007
              John Beckett wrote:
              > Gohan wrote:
              >> 404 error...I am using Chinese ISP access the Internet...
              >
              > Please never quote spam!

              I agree. I never saw the original message because Google detected it as spam
              before my mailer polled their POP server.

              > The correct thing to do on this mailing list is to report it. I don't know
              > if anyone reads the reports, but I have reported several spams in the last
              > three or so weeks and there seems to have been a decline in their frequency.
              >
              > Use your browser to visit (no need to logon):
              > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use
              >
              > Click the spam message to open it.
              > Click 'More options'.
              > Click 'Report this message'.
              > I entered my correct email where requested - don't know if needed.
              > I selected 'This post is spam' and entered 'Blatant spam'.
              > Click 'Report Abuse'.
              >
              > If anyone has an improvement to the above, please post it. I imagine the
              > more reports a message gets, the more likely that there will be a good
              > response from Google.
              >
              > John

              I don't know if what I'm doing is "better" than the above (I suspect it
              isn't), it's just easier for me, since it's just a refinement of something I
              must do anyway to get false-positive mail (mail erroneaously detected as spam)
              out of Gmail's Spam folder.

              What I do is to open the webmail interface to my gmail account: there, in the
              Trash folder, are all the messages which my mailer (Thunderbird) has already
              POPped. I select the spam messages, then "More actions -> Spam" which moves
              them to the Spam folder; then I delete the rest of the trash. Similarly, I
              open the Spam folder, and if there are any false positives, I select them,
              then click "Not Spam" which moves them to the Inbox (where Thunderbird will
              eventually get them); then I delete the rest of the Spam.

              I have a kind of "hunch" that these gmail accounts implement Bayesian filters:
              after sorting spam and nonspam as said above for some time, I'm getting fewer
              and fewer errors: both fewer false positives (legit mail diverted to the Spam
              folder) and fewer false negatives (spam mail delivered on the POP server).

              I don't know if what I'm doing sends anything to the abuse desk; but any spam
              I get (from any of my four mail accounts), except via mailing lists and
              newsgroups, gets reported to the sender's ISP via SpamCop ( www.spamcop.net ).
              The reason mailing-list spam is treated differently is that "I" am not the
              addressee of the spam (the mailing list is), which, according to SpamCop
              regulations, forbids me from reporting it over their service.

              187. You promise yourself that you'll only stay online for another
              15 minutes...at least once every hour.

            • Breen Mullins
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 26, 2007
                On 12/26/07, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

                > I have a kind of "hunch" that these gmail accounts implement Bayesian filters:
                > after sorting spam and nonspam as said above for some time, I'm getting fewer
                > and fewer errors: both fewer false positives (legit mail diverted to the Spam
                > folder) and fewer false negatives (spam mail delivered on the POP server).

                My hunch is that you're right, Tony. I'm down to about zero false positives.
                Like the poor, the false negatives will probably always be with us...

                Breen

                --
                Breen Mullins
                Menlo Park, Calif.

              • alessandro salvatori
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 26, 2007
                  sorry for the OT, but given you were talking about it...

                  do you know of any means of diverting the spam to the gmail inbox unless manually marked as spam?

                  I hate having false positives, and I do never open the spam folder :(

                  thank you!
                  -Alessandro

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 26, 2007
                    thank you for your tips, I have done it follow your ways

                    On Dec 26, 9:45 am, "John Beckett" <johnb.beck...@...> wrote:
                    > Gohan wrote:
                    > > 404 error...I am using Chinese ISP access the Internet...
                    >
                    > Please never quote spam!
                    >
                    > The correct thing to do on this mailing list is to report it. I don't know
                    > if anyone reads the reports, but I have reported several spams in the last
                    > three or so weeks and there seems to have been a decline in their frequency.
                    >
                    > Use your browser to visit (no need to logon):http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use
                    >
                    > Click the spam message to open it.
                    > Click 'More options'.
                    > Click 'Report this message'.
                    > I entered my correct email where requested - don't know if needed.
                    > I selected 'This post is spam' and entered 'Blatant spam'.
                    > Click 'Report Abuse'.
                    >
                    > If anyone has an improvement to the above, please post it. I imagine the
                    > more reports a message gets, the more likely that there will be a good
                    > response from Google.
                    >
                    > John
                  • John Little
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 27, 2007
                      On 27/12/2007, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
                      > I don't know if what I'm doing sends anything to the abuse desk;

                      I would like to know this. I usually use the web interface to read my
                      google mail, and if there's spam I click Report Spam. I wonder if
                      google mail tells google groups about spam? They could use the same
                      spam data.
                      I ask to find if I'm doing my bit for the list.

                      Regards, John

                    • Dasn
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
                        On 26/12/07 12:45 +1100, John Beckett wrote:

                        >The correct thing to do on this mailing list is to report it. I don't know
                        >if anyone reads the reports, but I have reported several spams in the last
                        >three or so weeks and there seems to have been a decline in their frequency.
                        >
                        >Use your browser to visit (no need to logon):
                        >http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use
                        >
                        >Click the spam message to open it.
                        >Click 'More options'.
                        >Click 'Report this message'.
                        >I entered my correct email where requested - don't know if needed.
                        >I selected 'This post is spam' and entered 'Blatant spam'.
                        >Click 'Report Abuse'.
                        >
                        >If anyone has an improvement to the above, please post it. I imagine the
                        >more reports a message gets, the more likely that there will be a good
                        >response from Google.
                        >
                        >John

                        After observing the pages returned by
                        http://groups.google.com/groups/abuse, I create a vim script to help
                        report abuse. The script in attachment depends on 'wget', which might be
                        helpful for people who do not have a web browser handy.

                        :so report_abuse.vim
                        " Report abuse interactively
                        :SendAbuse
                        " or directly report spams of vim_use
                        :SendAbuse <Spam's Message-ID of vim_use>
                        " or directly spams of other groups, like vim_dev
                        :SendAbuse <Spam's Message-ID> vim_dev

                        --
                        Dasn

                      • Ag. D. Hatzimanikas
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 2, 2008
                          Hi Dash,

                          Excellent script and (at least for me) also a chance to learn/understand
                          some (vim) base scripting, so many thanks.

                          On Fri, Dec 28, at 07:30 Dasn wrote:
                          > On 26/12/07 12:45 +1100, John Beckett wrote:
                          > >
                          > >The correct thing to do on this mailing list is to report it. I don't know
                          > >if anyone reads the reports, but I have reported several spams in the last
                          > >three or so weeks and there seems to have been a decline in their frequency.
                          > >
                          > >Use your browser to visit (no need to logon):
                          > >http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use
                          > >
                          > >Click the spam message to open it.
                          > >Click 'More options'.
                          > >Click 'Report this message'.
                          > >I entered my correct email where requested - don't know if needed.
                          > >I selected 'This post is spam' and entered 'Blatant spam'.
                          > >Click 'Report Abuse'.
                          > >
                          > >If anyone has an improvement to the above, please post it. I imagine the
                          > >more reports a message gets, the more likely that there will be a good
                          > >response from Google.
                          > >
                          > >John
                          > >

                          > After observing the pages returned by
                          > http://groups.google.com/groups/abuse, I create a vim script to help
                          > report abuse. The script in attachment depends on 'wget', which might be
                          > helpful for people who do not have a web browser handy.
                          >
                          > :so report_abuse.vim
                          > " Report abuse interactively
                          > :SendAbuse
                          > " or directly report spams of vim_use
                          > :SendAbuse <Spam's Message-ID of vim_use>
                          > " or directly spams of other groups, like vim_dev
                          > :SendAbuse <Spam's Message-ID> vim_dev

                          Additionally, I created the following macro for the mutt email client,
                          to make it a little more easy to report such messages.

                          macro index,pager ,r "<enter-command>unset wait_key<enter><pipe-message>vim \
                          -S "~/.vim/vimscripts/report_abuse.vim" "+SendAbuse" "+q!" -<enter>\
                          <enter-command>set wait_key<enter>

                          And a small diff to your script, to take the value of the "Message-Id" directly from
                          the message.

                          --- report_abuse.orig.vim 2008-01-02 23:56:34.414109855 +0200
                          +++ report_abuse.vim 2008-01-03 01:38:34.827402433 +0200
                          @@ -100,7 +100,8 @@
                          let [key, value] = val
                          if value == '' && key != 'url'
                          if key == "message"
                          - let value = input("\nInput spam's Message-ID: ")
                          + let value = substitute(getline(search('^\CMessage-ID:\s\+')),
                          let s:Form[5][1] = value
                          else
                          let value = input("\nInput value for " . "'".key."': ")

                          Happy New Year,

                          Ag.