Re: ctags or cscope

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 2, 2007
      Bill McCarthy wrote:
      > On Sat 1-Dec-07 9:53pm -0600, John Beckett wrote:
      >
      >> epanda wrote:
      >>> second one : in a parent directory , the following command fails :
      >>> cscope -b -c -R *.cpp *.h
      >
      >> I'm guessing that you see an error like "no source files".
      >
      > I saw no such strangeness in Windows using C. For example,
      > from vim71\src:
      >
      > del cscope.out
      > cscope -b -R
      > gvim
      > :cs find s etoa64
      >
      > This finds etoa64 in vim71\src\xxd\xxd.c
      >
      > HOWEVER, if instead I wrote:
      >
      > del cscope.out
      > cscope -b -R *.c *.h
      >
      > cscope failed to recurse the directories. It behaves like
      > many broken unix ports to windows - like grep. When you
      > specify recursion in grep, and maybe cscope too, it only
      > recurses into directories that match the patterns. A proper
      > windows app will recurse into all directories looking for
      > pattern matches of files in those directories.

      FWIW, I would call that behaviour broken. If I give recursion on the commandline
      and specify a pattern or folder on the commandline, I expect just the matches to
      be recursed, not everything in the directory.

      It wouldn't surprise me to find this is standard Windows behaviour though, as
      Windows is generally broken...

      Ben.

    • epanda
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 20, 2008
        Vimlball ok, the link f cecscope does not work