Re: ctags or cscope

  • Bill McCarthy
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 1, 2007
      On Sat 1-Dec-07 9:53pm -0600, John Beckett wrote:

      > epanda wrote:
      >> second one : in a parent directory , the following command fails :
      >> cscope -b -c -R *.cpp *.h

      > I'm guessing that you see an error like "no source files".

      I saw no such strangeness in Windows using C. For example,
      from vim71\src:

      del cscope.out
      cscope -b -R
      gvim
      :cs find s etoa64

      This finds etoa64 in vim71\src\xxd\xxd.c

      HOWEVER, if instead I wrote:

      del cscope.out
      cscope -b -R *.c *.h

      cscope failed to recurse the directories. It behaves like
      many broken unix ports to windows - like grep. When you
      specify recursion in grep, and maybe cscope too, it only
      recurses into directories that match the patterns. A proper
      windows app will recurse into all directories looking for
      pattern matches of files in those directories.

      Bill

    • epanda
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 20, 2008
        Vimlball ok, the link f cecscope does not work