Re: ctags or cscope

  • Bill McCarthy
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 1, 2007
      On Sat 1-Dec-07 3:56pm -0600, epanda wrote:

      > Ok I don't understand. After using this command ,
      > cscope -b -R, the cscope.out file does not contain writefile.

      That wouldn't store anything here with *.cpp files. I would
      have to write: cscope -b -R *.cpp *.h

      BTW, I write no C++ - mainly C. From the vim71/src
      directory, typing "cscope -b" produces the same result as
      typing "cscope -b *.c *.h". It takes a few seconds to build
      the first time, but after adding patches 165 and 166 today,
      it built nearly instantly - it uses the current cscope.out
      to update with the latest changes.

      > Is it a normal thnig ?

      Yes it is normal. By default, cscope stores a compressed
      file. If you really feel the need to read it, try:

      cscope -b -c -R *.cpp *.h

      or whatever you call your c++ compilation units.

      > my version of cscope is cscope: version 16.0a

      So is mine. BTW, I'm running on WinXP and building using
      MinGW - the native Gnu C for windows.

      > I have tried in another directory F:\utilities\*.cpp and it does not
      > store WriteFile

      Assuming you tell it to store cpp files, it should be
      storing a representation of WriteFile.

      Bill

    • epanda
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 20, 2008
        Vimlball ok, the link f cecscope does not work