Re: ctags or cscope

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 1 12:42 PM
      On 2007-12-01, epanda <callingelvis@...> wrote:

      > On 1 déc, 18:12, epanda <callingel...@...> wrote:
      > > When I do a simple grep text with cscope it does not found string
      > > "WriteFile" and says File does not have expected format !
      > >
      > > The string is in this sample source wich is here D:
      > > \Dev_PC_DEV1\communs_he\SRC\utilitaires\RTX
      > >
      > > //##ModelId=393CB8FA0240
      > > const int RtFile::write(char buffer_p[],long taille_p)
      > > {
      > > bool retour_l=false;
      > > DWORD number_l = 0;
      > > if (hFile!=0)
      > > {
      > > int retourBOOL;
      > > //on prend la taille du buffer plus 1 à cause du \0
      > >
      > > retourBOOL=WriteFile(hFile,buffer_p,taille_p,&number_l,NULL);
      > > retour_l=(retourBOOL==1?true:false);
      > > }
      > > else
      > > {
      > > retour_l=false;
      > > }
      > > return retour_l;
      > >
      > > }
      > >
      > > On 1 déc, 17:50, epanda <callingel...@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > cscope does not detect a class method like this :
      > >
      > > > //##ModelId=3A7EBA7200F5
      > > > void DailyLogFile::handleEntry(WORD ref_p, void* value_p)
      > > > {

      > ok cscope does not work with C++ code

      I don't think that's true. I copied both your examples to a couple
      of files in a temporary directory and ran cscope on them. Using

      :cs find t WriteFile

      to find WriteFile worked just fine as did using

      :cs find g handleEntry

      to find the definition of handleEntry. I also use cscope daily in
      my work with C and C++, and while it seems to occasionally miss some
      items (I haven't kept careful track of them), it generally works
      well.

      Granted, this was using cscope on Unix, but I think it demonstrates
      that cscope itself works with C++. It appears from your experience
      that there may be problems with it on Windows or with your
      particular installation or usage.

      Regards,
      Gary

    • epanda
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 20, 2008
        Vimlball ok, the link f cecscope does not work