Re: ctags or cscope

  • epanda
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 1, 2007
      There is an example that I don't understand.

      I have some files .asm .c .cpp etc..
      I focus on a file named Rtfile.cpp with this source code inside :

      //##ModelId=393CB8FA0240
      const int RtFile::write(char buffer_p[],long taille_p)
      {
      bool retour_l=false;
      DWORD number_l = 0;
      if (hFile!=0)
      {
      int retourBOOL;
      //on prend la taille du buffer plus 1 à cause du \0
      retourBOOL=WriteFile(hFile,buffer_p,taille_p,&number_l,NULL);
      retour_l=(retourBOOL==1?true:false);
      }
      else
      {
      retour_l=false;
      }
      return retour_l;
      }

      When I do "ctags --langmap C++ -R ." from my project directory the
      result I obtain is a tags file with that :
      EXTRN .\Dev_PC_DEV1\viden0he_chambre\videN0HE_chambre_workspace
      \Application_nt\Release\DebugFile.asm /^EXTRN
      __imp__GetSystemTimeAsFileTime@4:NEAR$/;" l
      EXTRN .\Dev_PC_DEV1\viden0he_chambre\videN0HE_chambre_workspace
      \Application_nt\Release\DebugFile.asm /^EXTRN __imp__MoveFileA@8:NEAR
      $/;" l
      EXTRN .\Dev_PC_DEV1\viden0he_chambre\videN0HE_chambre_workspace
      \Application_nt\Release\DebugFile.asm /^EXTRN
      __imp__SetFileTime@16:NEAR$/;" l
      EXTRN .\Dev_PC_DEV1\viden0he_chambre\videN0HE_chambre_workspace
      \Application_nt\Release\DebugFile.asm /^EXTRN __imp__WriteFile@20:NEAR
      $/;" l

      But I just want ctags to scan cpp files and not asm.

      On 1 déc, 12:44, epanda <callingel...@...> wrote:
      > Sorry if I disturb the audience and sorry for my poor english language
      > but my problems were about browsing efficiently my source code.
      >
      > vimgrep is slower than Visual Studio grep
      > cscope does not work very well
      >
      > I am trying ctags.
      >
      > Thanks

      > > > And by people who "conversate" with each other... and then
      > > > get "fustrated" and feel "vunerable" when someone objects
      > > > to that usage.
      >
      > > > And those who wear "jewlery".
      >
      > > > And who fear "nuculer" energy.
      >
      > > > And those who use "ATM machines" and punch in their "PIN
      > > > numbers".
      >
      > > > I can go on... >:D
      >
      > > please don't -- it's like hearing fingernails on a chalkboard
      > > (dear lord our own president is PROUD of our nuculer energy
      > > and the way he mis-pronounces it)
      >
      > > sc
    • epanda
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 20, 2008
        Vimlball ok, the link f cecscope does not work