How to change comment coding style?

  • Hongliang Wang
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
      Hello, all,

      My company restricts us to use this coding style:

      /*
      **
      **
      **
      **
      */

      while native comment coding syle of vim is

      /*
      *
      *
      *
      *
      */

      Could anybody tell me how to change the comment styles?

      Thanks for answering!
      http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx

    • Andy Wokula
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        Hongliang Wang schrieb:

        > Hello, all,
        >
        > My company restricts us to use this coding style:
        >
        > /*
        > **
        > **
        > **
        > **
        > */
        >
        > while native comment coding syle of vim is
        >
        > /*
        > *
        > *
        > *
        > *
        > */
        >
        > Could anybody tell me how to change the comment styles?
        >
        > Thanks for answering!

        Make a modification of the filetype "c":
        :e ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/c.vim

        (this is for Unix;
        create missing dirs;
        use appropriate filetype:
        if in doubt check current filetype with
        :set ft?
        :h :filetype
        )

        add the following line:
        setl com=sO:**\ -,mO:**\ \ ,exO:*/,s0:/*,m:**,ex:*/,://

        --
        HTH
        Andy

      • Hongliang Wang
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
          Hello, all,

          My company restricts us to use this coding style:

          /*
          **
          **
          **
          **
          */

          while native comment coding syle of vim is

          /*
          *
          *
          *
          *
          */

          Could anybody tell me how to change the comment styles?

          Thanks for answering!
          Explore the seven wonders of the world

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
            Hongliang Wang wrote:

            > Hello, all,
            >
            > My company restricts us to use this coding style:
            >
            > /*
            > **
            > **
            > **
            > **
            > */
            >
            > while native comment coding syle of vim is
            >
            > /*
            > *
            > *
            > *
            > *
            > */
            >
            > Could anybody tell me how to change the comment styles?
            >
            > Thanks for answering!

            You already got an answer three hours ago. Did you see it? If you didn't,
            check your Spam or Held-Mail (or whatever) folder at MSN if you have one, and
            set your account's spam-filtering setting at its lowest possible setting if
            you can; then, if you still don't see that answer, check the Google Groups
            archive.

            107. When using your phone you forget that you don't have to use your
            keyboard.

          • nicolas angel
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
              here is the link: