Re: Latex-suite command completion

  • Szabolcs
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2007
      Sorry for the spamming ... just one more question:

      What does that
      || (tst.aux)
      line mean in the quickfix window?

      This is the first line in the qf window when things *are* working
      correctly, both on win and linux. (Without \usepackage{inputenc}
      everything is OK on windows). When it is not working correctly, I see
      the following line instead (after pressing <Up>):

      || (c:\texmf\tex\latex\base\inputenc.sty

      Does this mean that "(tst.aux)" is what tells Vim which file contains
      the errors, and that it is misparsing the output of MiKTeX?

    • A.Politz
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 2, 2007
        Szabolcs wrote:

        >Sorry for the spamming ... just one more question:
        >
        >What does that
        >|| (tst.aux)
        >line mean in the quickfix window?
        >
        >This is the first line in the qf window when things *are* working
        >correctly, both on win and linux. (Without \usepackage{inputenc}
        >everything is OK on windows). When it is not working correctly, I see
        >the following line instead (after pressing <Up>):
        >
        >|| (c:\texmf\tex\latex\base\inputenc.sty
        >
        >Does this mean that "(tst.aux)" is what tells Vim which file contains
        >the errors, and that it is misparsing the output of MiKTeX?

        I have little experience with writing 'errorformats',
        but I am fairly shure, that it is the problem.
        'errorformat' contains a list of pattern, which
        are matched against the compiler output.
        This doesn't seem to work in every case.
        If you look at the differences in your files, you
        notice that the braces differ. Braces are used in the
        errorformat to help recognizing filenames.

        The lines you are referring to are simply matches
        against one of the errorformats as text.In other
        words 'it' is configured (via errorformat)
        to display this filename, no other meaning implied.

        Maybe the plugin, the way it configured errorformat,
        believes that the error is in file 'inputenc.sty',
        but vim can't open it for some reason.

        tst.log contains the errros, which latex-suite uses.

        -ap

        --
        Ich hab geträumt, der Krieg wär vorbei.

      • Robert Cussons
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
          A.Politz wrote:
          > Robert Cussons wrote:
          >
          >> Manu Hack wrote:

          >>> I can't reproduce your bug under my machine (vim 7.1 on debian).
          >>>

          >> I am using
          >> :version
          >> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.1 (2007 May 12, compiled Oct 13 2007 13:28:30)
          >> Included patches: 1-138
          >>
          >> just updated now, under Debian Etch. Problem still exists.
          >>

          >>> And I think you don't have to use ALT L to get \left(\right)<++>, just
          >>> type (( it will expand to that. Also for frac + F7 you may use `/.
          >>>

          >> Thanks, these are very useful tips, even faster now ;-). In fact they
          >> even work inside brackets which for some reason the F7 method doesn't,
          >> however there are other functions like sum that I still need the F7
          >> method for and they just produce a zero as explained above when
          >> performed inside brackets, anyone any idea how I can track down the
          >> problem?
          >> Thanks
          >> Rob.
          >>

          > Do this :
          >

          > let g:Imap_Debug=1
          > let g:Tex_Debug=1
          > let g:Tex_DebugLog='/tmp/tex.log' " or any other nonexistant file
          >
          > :e newfile.tex
          > <Enter insertmode and type :>
          > frac<f7>
          >
          > Then post the content of the logfile.
          >
          > -ap

          Sorry, been away on holiday for a few days and it seems somebody
          (Szabolcs) has been borrowing my thread, please don't do this as it
          confuses everybody as to the exact subject of the thread, I know it was
          related to start with but it definitely wasn't by the end.

          Anyway, back to the problem at hand, when it works, the log file
          contains this:

          proj : texproject.vim: catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          env : envmacros.vim: Catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          comp : compiler.vim: Catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          fold : folding.vim: catching LatexSuiteFileType
          brak : brackets.vim: Catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          view : texviewer.vim: Catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          main : main.vim: Catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          main : SetTeXOptions: sourcing maps
          comp : +Tex_SetTeXCompilerTarget: setting target to [ps] for Compiler
          comp : +Tex_SetTeXCompilerTarget: setting target to [ps] for Viewr
          comp : compiler/tex.vim: sourcing this file
          pack : packages.vim: Catching LatexSuiteFileType event
          pack : +Tex_pack_updateall
          pack : :Tex_pack_updateall: split
          pack : +Tex_ScanForPackages
          pack : :Tex_ScanForPackages: Begining scans in [newfile.tex], beginline = 0
          pack : :Tex_ScanForPackages: beginning scan for \usepackage lines
          pack : :Tex_ScanForPackages: End scan \usepackage, detected packages =
          pack : :Tex_ScanForPackages: Beginning scan for \newcommand's
          pack : :Tex_ScanForPackages: Beginning scan for \newenvironment's
          pack : -Tex_ScanForPackages
          pack : :Tex_pack_updateall: detected [] in first run
          pack : :Tex_pack_updateall: throwing LatexSuiteScannedPackages event
          pack : -Tex_pack_updateall
          env : Tex_DoCommand: getting lastword = frac
          imap : IMAP_PutTextWithMovement: text = [\frac{X^\^N:call
          IMAP_Mark('set') "_s<+n+>}{<+d+>}<++>^\^N:call IMAP_Mark('go')
          i^R=IMAP_Jumpfunc('', 1) ]

          if I go through the exact same process, but rather than just typing frac
          in newfile.tex, I type:

          EEQ

          that puts me in the equation environment, then I type:

          ((

          that puts me between a pair of brackets, then I type:

          frac<f7>

          my output in vim is:

          \begin{equation}
          \left( frac0 \right)<++>
          \label{<++>}
          \end{equation}<++>

          and /tmp/tex.log reads:

[...]
          imap : Not getting <+ and +> in ^R=Tex_PutEnvironment('equation')
          imap : IMAP_PutTextWithMovement: text = [\begin{equation} X^\^N:call
          IMAP_Mark('set') "_s<++> \label{<++>} \end{equation}<++>^\^N:call
          IMAP_Mark('go') i^R=IMAP_Jumpfunc('', 1) ]
          imap : IMAP_PutTextWithMovement: text = [\left( X^\^N:call
          IMAP_Mark('set') "_s<++> \right)<++>^\^N:call IMAP_Mark('go')
          i^R=IMAP_Jumpfunc('', 1) ]
          env : Tex_DoCommand: getting lastword =

          any ideas?

          Many thanks,