Re: vimdiff on duplicates files

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      epanda wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have posted another thread this morning about duplicates parts in
      > several lines.
      >
      > Now I have to do a vimdiff sometimes on 2 files , sometimes on 3
      > files , 5 etc....
      >
      > I have got 600 files and I would like to save the result each time I
      > do a vimdiff in a result file.
      >
      > I know how to do wit hunix sdiff but Is it possible using vimdiff ?
      > (not get a buffer like it is demonstrate in help)
      >
      > Thanks a lot
      > epanda

      Vim itself relies on an external diff program to do the "dirty work" (even on
      Windows), but IIRC it makes it generate "ed" diffs, which are not
      human-friendly: so I recommend generating your "comparison listings" manually
      using whatever tools there are on the machine (even if sdiff isn't installed,
      if vimdiff works you've got a "diff" program somewhere, and it can usually
      generate "context" or "unified" diffs).

      You can write a shell script (called a .bat file on Windows) to generate those
      diffs and, if you so desire, store them in a particular folder.

      "Thirty days hath Septober,
      April, June, and no wonder.
      all the rest have peanut butter
      except my father who wears red suspenders."