RE: Swp recovery from a different machine (and maybe different vim version)

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
      Suresh Govindachar wrote:
      > So how does one use a swp file on another machine (and
      > perhaps a different version of vim)?

      I have never tried this, but a quick look at file src/memline.c suggests
      that a swp file *can* be used on another machine, even using a somewhat
      different version of Vim, provided the two machines have a similar
      architecture. The message you received occurs if (for example) the second
      machine store the bytes in a long integer in a different order from the
      first machine.

      So, you need another similar machine.

      John