Re: Vim-latex problems (is it compatible with Vim 7.1?)

  • Szabolcs
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2007
      On Oct 31, 8:56 pm, "A.Politz" <poli...@...> wrote:
      > Szabolcs wrote:
      >
      > >Some of the problems:
      >
      > >1. When I create a new .tex file using either :e example.tex, or gvim
      > >example.tex (from the command line), vim-latex is not started
      > >automatically. (Is there a way to start it manually?) If I open an
      > >already existing file, it works.
      >
      > I don't know if this has changed in vim7, but the default filetype for
      > *.tex is 'plaintex' and not 'tex' ( which stands for latex ).
      > let g:tex_flavor = "latex"
      > solves this as described in 'h ft-tex-plugin'.

      Thank you for the reply, I solved this problem in the meantime (and
      problem 4. too---though the menu should not say that `w is \omega if
      it is actually \wedge).

      But I have run into another problem, which might be easy to fix (but I
      could not figure out how to do it):
      According to the latex-suite documentation, `. should expand to \cdot,
      but it does not. I tried
      call IMAP('`.', '\cdot', 'tex')
      but it does not work. Abbreviations other than `. *do* work. This is
      not a serious issue, as one might always use something else than `.
      for \cdot, but I am curious: what is special about `. that prevents it
      from being IMAPpable?

      Szabolcs