auto-testing than i18n works after build

  • Yakov
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      This is a bit weird question.

      I want to make a script that checks the gvim that was just built
      can properly display certain utf-8 characters.

      For example, I have two gvims from two builds. One gvim dislpays
      "й" properly. The other gvim displays empty square instead of "й"
      (bad build, some libraries were missing or not good during the build).
      The font exist in the system, this is not the problem, and fenc and
      enc are properly set to utf-8.

      I have a testfile with just one character, russian letter "й".
      I want to make a vim sctipt that checks whether given gvim displays
      the utf-8 leter 'й' from the testfile. How can I do it ?

      ga shows the same thing in both gvims:
      <й> 1081, Hex 0439, Octal 2071
      both in gvim that displays й, and in gvim that displays empty square.

      So I need something other than ga. But what ?

      Thanks
      Yakov