Re: negating regular expression

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2007
      Jeenu wrote:
      > Hi Vimmers,
      >
      > I just wanted to know whether there is a way to negate a regular
      > expression, expressing the meaning "not matching" (just like the "-v"
      > option in grep). I wanted to use it with the ":g" command to delete
      > certain unwanted lines.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Jeenu

      It is possible to negate a pattern (as used by Dr. Chip's LogiPat plugin), but
      for the :g command it is not necessary. Just use :v instead.

      See
      :help :g
      :help :v

      One of the oldest problems puzzled over in the Talmud is: "Why did God
      create goyim?" The generally accepted answer is "_somebody_ has to buy
      retail."
      -- Arthur Naiman, "Every Goy's Guide to Yiddish"