tselect output

  • rob
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007

      I have a few questions on tselect command and would appreciate if
      someone could help me out.

      1) Is there a way to customize the output of the tselect command?

      For example, in the following output,

      # pri kind tag file
      1 F C f MyClass::method myclass.cpp
      class:MyClass signature:(int offset, int len)
      void MyClass::method(int offset, int len)
      2 F p MyClass::method include/myClass.hpp
      class:MyClass access:public signature:(int offset, int
      length)
      void method(int offset, int length);
      Choice number (<Enter> cancels):

      is there a way to,
      - display only tags of kind 'f'? or kind 'p'?
      - modify the output like below:
      1 f MyClass::method(int offset, int len) myclass.cpp
      2 p MyClass::method(int offset, int len) include/
      myclass.hpp

      2) Is there a way to set the color coding for the individual
      "sections" of the output of tselect command? i.e. class, signature,
      prototype, etc. Right now, the file name and the tag itself (in the
      first line of the entries listed above) is highlighted, and I would
      like to add a highlight for the class names and other sections. I
      have a fairly large project, and tselect often lists a lot of hits and
      color coding would be a huge help.

      Thanks.

    • thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
        > - display only tags of kind 'f'? or kind 'p'?

        I don't think you can do this directly with :tselect. But you can run
        taglist() to get a list of tags and then create your own. Or you
        could
        use <plug>ttags[1]</plug> or something similar.

        > 2) Is there a way to set the color coding for the individual
        > "sections" of the output of tselect command?

        This could be added to ttags, I think. We'll see.

        [1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2018

      • rob
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
          Thanks!