Re: O command when browsing a directory

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
      James Kanze wrote:
      > I seem to remember sometime in the not too distant past that
      > when browsing a directory, the O command opened the file under
      > the cursor in the last used window; I found it very convenient
      > at times.
      >
      > The current versions don't seem to support this; in fact, the
      > file browser seems to be a plug in for managing files over the
      > network (something I don't need). Is there some way of getting
      > back the previous behavior?

      Hit the P (shift-p) key.

      see ":help netrw-P" (without the quotes).

      I found it by looking at the netrw "quick help" (which can be displayed by
      hitting F1 while browsing a directory), under "Browse in the previously used
      window".

      The netrw plugin currently manages both remote _and_ local files. Since it
      includes the functionality of the former "Explorer" plugin, the latter (which
      wasn't maintained anymore anyway) has been removed from the Vim distribution.

      26. You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.