Re: Did someone use "gdbvim" or "idevim"

  • Edward L. Fox
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi another Fox,

      On 9/3/07, Lazy Fox <lazy.fox.wu@...> wrote:

      > I don't know how to use them, can you describe them for me?
      >
      > how to install and how to use with vim7?
      >
      > thanks!!!

      The original author of gdbvim doesn't maintain it any longer. I
      branched out once upon the time but now I don't maintain it either. I
      recommend you using clewn. It's very handy. Check it out from
      http://clewn.sourceforge.net/.

      I have never used idevim before.

      Regards,

      Edward L. Fox

    • Lazy Fox
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
        Thanks another Fox

        I'll try clewn later.

        In the website you give to me: http://clewn.sourceforge.net/
        I saw Clewn and vimGdb, which one is your recommendation for me?

        On Sep 4, 12:22 am, "Edward L. Fox" <edy...@...> wrote:
        > Hi another Fox,
        >
        > On 9/3/07, Lazy Fox <lazy.fox...@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I don't know how to use them, can you describe them for me?
        >
        > > how to install and how to use with vim7?
        >
        > > thanks!!!
        >
        > The original author of gdbvim doesn't maintain it any longer. I
        > branched out once upon the time but now I don't maintain it either. I
        > recommend you using clewn. It's very handy. Check it out fromhttp://clewn.sourceforge.net/.
        >
        > I have never used idevim before.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Edward L. Fox

      • Edward L. Fox
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
          Hi Fox,

          On 9/4/07, Lazy Fox <lazy.fox.wu@...> wrote:

          > Thanks another Fox
          >
          > I'll try clewn later.
          >
          > In the website you give to me: http://clewn.sourceforge.net/
          > I saw Clewn and vimGdb, which one is your recommendation for me?

          Personally I prefer Clewn. Because it is a pure "add-on" and doesn't
          require any modification to GVim. To use VimGdb you must compile your
          patched GVim yourself. But someone may think that VimGdb can provide
          better performance and more user-friendly. So you'd better try them
          all and then decide which one fits you better.

          > On Sep 4, 12:22 am, "Edward L. Fox" <edy...@...> wrote:
          > > Hi another Fox,
          > >
          > > On 9/3/07, Lazy Fox <lazy.fox...@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > > I don't know how to use them, can you describe them for me?
          > >
          > > > how to install and how to use with vim7?
          > >
          > > > thanks!!!
          > >
          > > The original author of gdbvim doesn't maintain it any longer. I
          > > branched out once upon the time but now I don't maintain it either. I
          > > recommend you using clewn. It's very handy. Check it out fromhttp://clewn.sourceforge.net/.
          > >
          > > I have never used idevim before.
          > >

          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > Edward L. Fox