Re: skinny cursor in terminal

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2007
      James M Beck wrote:
      > The one thing I really like about gvim is the skinny cursor when in insert
      > mode. Is there any way to get a skinny cursor in the terminal version? Is
      > there another good way to allow VIM to use the cursor to tell me what mode
      > I'm in?
      >
      > Perhaps the cursor could blink faster?
      >
      > Thanks!

      Vim knows how to vary the height (but not the width) of the cursor -- but only
      in DOS or Win32 versions: see ":help 'guicursor'".

      In other console versions I guess you're pretty much at the mercy of the
      terminal. If you know which control characters to send to the terminal to
      change the shape of the cursor, you can define 't_SI' and 't_EI' in your
      vimrc, see ":help termcap-cursor-shape".

      A jury consists of 12 persons chosen to decide
      who has the better lawyer.
      -- Robert Frost