Re: repeat a search and replace

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2007
      On 8/31/07, jturnbull wrote:
      > how do I repeat this command on another line without re-typing it?

      Folks, we could use some help putting this valuable information on the
      Vim Tips wiki!

      There are two tips that use @: and they should be merged:

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip44
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip990

      If anyone feels inspired to contribute, please edit tip 44 to include
      a summary of the info from this thread. You might also copy any useful
      content from tip 990 into tip 44, then I can do some magic to flag tip
      990 for deletion.

      Or, if you don't want to bother editing the wiki, email some plain
      text here or direct to me, and I'll fix the wiki.

      If you are really inspired, please see the guidelines:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki:General_guidelines

      BTW The title for tip 990 is somewhat broken because the wiki doesn't
      like ':' in a title - I'll fix that in due course (although in this
      case, the tip should just be deleted).

      John