Re: calling to vimming geeks

  • Aditya Kher
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
      that does it!!
      I knew <CTRL>A increments but I did not know it increments the number
      on a *given* line... should've RTFM...
      sorry for spamming vim-lovers...
      -aditya

    • Sartak
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
        On 8/3/07, Aditya Kher <aditya.kher@...> wrote:

        > that does it!!
        > I knew <CTRL>A increments but I did not know it increments the number
        > on a *given* line... should've RTFM...
        > sorry for spamming vim-lovers...
        > -aditya

        No worries about the "spam". It's a perfectly valid question, and I'm
        sure you're not the only one who has learned from Kev's answer. Here's
        another version:

        yap}p^Ajj^Akk

        1) qq # begin recording
        2) yap # yank a "paragraph" (one of these data structures)
        3) } # go to the end of the "paragraph"
        4) p # put the paragraph in
        5) ^A # increment
        6) jj # move down to the next something_N
        7) ^A # increment
        8) kk # move back to where the macro needs to start

        It's unhappy that your programming language forces you to this length,
        though! :)

        Shawn M Moore