Extra margin after diffsplit

  • Jeenu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Vimmers,

      If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
      those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
      folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
      that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
      buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
      body help?

      Thanks
      Jeenu

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        Jeenu wrote:
        > Hi Vimmers,
        >
        > If I do a "vertical diffsplit" on a window and after closing either of
        > those windows, I still can see an extra margin which indicates the
        > folds in the window. I tried closing the window and re-opening it, but
        > that margin still remains there. I think it's a property set with the
        > buffer; but I don't know which to get that margin disappear. Can any
        > body help?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Jeenu

        Going to ":help diff" and scrolling down shows a handful of options which are
        set when starting diff mode.

        I guess what bothers you is the 'foldcolumn'.

        "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of purge."

      • Jeenu
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          Yup, that did help - Thanks!