Re: maillists, Uganda, wiki

  • vim-rob
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2007
      On 27 Jul, 16:38, Bram Moolenaar <B...@...> wrote:
      > Rob Cussons wrote:
      > > > Sorry, I had been thinking to delete the vim-experiment group. But
      > > > since there are still people that have problems, I thought it was good
      > > > to keep it for experimenting with Google Groups. I'll change the
      > > > setting, so that you can subscribe.
      >
      > > thanks, I have now joined, but can't post to it, get the same result
      > > as I do when trying to post to vim_use:
      > > > join the group before being allowed to post, or this group may not be
      > > > open to posting.
      >
      > > As owner of the list can you please check if r.cussons and then with
      > > the domain some space afterward to stop spammers @... is subscribed
      > > to either of these lists?
      > > I would be very grateful as it seems to think I am subscribed, but
      > > won't let me post and I don't receive e-mails. But I don't know if
      > > it's a bug in the subscription process or my ISP as in the problem
      > > Tony seems to have or what.
      >
      > My fault. There was a setting that only managers can post. I've now
      > changed it to members. You should be able to post now.

      That may have been the case, but I still can't post.

      > It's strange though that the reply doesn't mention this. It should
      > somehow say that you are subscribed but not allowed to post.

      What I get is this:

      need to
      join the group before being allowed to post, or this group may not be
      open to
      posting.

      Visit http://groups.google.com/group/vim-experiment/about?hl=en to
      join or learn more
      about who is allowed to post to the group.

      Help on using Google Groups is also available at:
      http://groups.google.com/support?hl=en

      If I send an e-mail to subscribe, I get this:

      We recently received a request from you to subscribe to the group vim-
      experiment.

      We know you are excited about this group, but it looks like you are
      already
      subscribed to it.

      So therefore, according to their two possibilities, it must be that I
      am not
      allowed to post to the group.

      This is exactly the same behaviour that I have with the vim_use
      group.
      As owner of the group, can you please check if r.cussons and then
      with
      the domain some space afterward to stop spammers @... is
      subscribed
      to either of these lists? And if so, what the permissions are?
      Many thanks,
      Rob.