Re: Resp.: Help needed on pt_BR spell checking

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 29, 2007
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      [...]
      > You're in twelfth place in my todo list :-).
      >
      > - Bram

      Talking of todo lists, is the following item on it?

      - In the GUI, when using a multi-byte 'encoding' use glyphs for any codepoints
      present in the 'guifont', even for Unicode codepoints above U+FFFF.

      Rationale: Many CJK codepoints are in plane 2 (U+20000 to U+2FFFF).
      Representing all of them indiscriminately by double-wide question marks makes
      editing East-Asian text files difficult.

      Hm... There seems to be something similar at todo.txt (2007-Jul-22) line 720:

      8 When 'encoding' is "utf-8", should use 'guifont' for both normal and wide
      characters to make Asian languages work. Win32 fonts contain both
      type of characters.

      This is already implemented (at least in the GTK2 GUI) for wide and narrow
      characters in the BMP (Basic Multilingual Plane, U+0000 to U+FFFF). It remains
      to be implemented for characters outside the BMP. Many TTF fonts installed on
      my Linux system (and which I got from Novell/SuSE but also from various other
      royalty-free sources) include glyphs both inside and outside the BMP, as can
      be seen by displaying the page in Firefox with an appropriate CSS sheet. The
      latest fonts which I installed are particularly complete if not extremely
      pretty: "HAN NOM A" and "HAN NOM B", both from
      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153105&package_id=172061
      -- I got the tip from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB18030#Glyphs

      independence.
      -- Charles A. Beard